In some instances the SCCM Console lags even though you have done the proper steps to optimize it.
What to do?
1. Make sure SQL Server CE compatibility level is corrects, connect to your Database,select the correct DB and Run Query:
SELECT name, compatibility_level FROM sys.databases
2. The Following should usually be 110,
The query to set this is :
ALTER DATABASE <CM_DB(replace with your DB name)>
SET COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL = 110;
3. Unfortunately in many, many cases this does not solve the issue. Next step is re-install the console. The problem can be user related.
4. Install the console via folder (Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\tools\ConsoleSetup) the folder mentioned on Technet varies …
5. If the issue in still not solved you might need to check the DB one more time :
Beware of large tables in your MEM Database. These may severely impact performance on insert and read operations, depending on the server’s resources:
These are typically your Tables that are > 10GB in size, or have > 10 million rows
Effect: slow collections or reports processing while querying that table
Effect: DRS links degrading, replication issues
If none of the above show results, there might be also some IIS issues, open a case with Microsoft or send me a comment with your issue, I’ll do my best to help you.